2024/25 MPTF Scholarship Programs:
You will be able to apply for Music’s Future and Music Family Scholarships in late spring 2024.
We are excited to announce that the Music Performance Trust Fund (MPTF) is continuing its annual college/university scholarship initiatives. There are seventy-five $1,000.00 Music Family Scholarships available for students coming from AFM/CFM families and studying at a college/university in 2024/25. In addition, there will be thirty $ 2500 Music’s Future Scholarships to support students pursuing degrees in music.
The scholarship applications are open from April 15, 2024 – June 280, 2024. For more information, visit the MPTF website.
The basic criteria for the two funds are:
Music Family Scholarship: 75 $1,000 scholarships
1) Have at least one parent in good standing as a member of a Local AFM
2) Be currently enrolled or accepted into an institute of higher education for the fall of 2023
3) Submit a headshot
4) Personal essay of approximately 500-750 words
The prompt for this year is: What cultural impact can live music have upon your community?
Music’s Future Scholarship: 30 $2,500 scholarships
1) Be enrolled in one of the following music degree programs
- Music Performance
- Music Therapy
- Music Education
2) Obtain good academic standing, at least a 2.0 gpa
3) Submit 2 letters of reference
– Personal reference
– Professor Reference
5) Personal statement
6) Prior semester transcript (either HS diploma or College Transcript) Unofficial is fine.
The prompt for this year is: In your experience, what subject matter is most important for a well-rounded education for a music-related major?
- Any student from an AFM/CFM family who is enrolled in an institution of higher education is eligible to apply. It does not matter what year they are in.
- Students can be pursuing degrees from undergraduate to PhD.
- Students who won in past years are eligible to apply for either scholarship again.
- Students who are eligible to apply for the Music Family scholarship can choose to apply instead for the Music’s Future Scholarship if they are eligible.
- Students are allowed to apply for ONLY ONE scholarship.